As Christians, we know we should set aside time for God each day…
But for many of us, we don’t know what to do when we get there.
I’m blessed to have been raised in a wonderful Christian home and an amazing church. I attended Sunday School every Sunday morning and youth group on Wednesday nights.
I even went to Bible college one whole year!
But despite falling in love with Jesus at a young age, I was never taught how to have a personal quiet time each day.
Oh, I was told I needed to…but no one actually explained how to go about it. (At least as far as I can remember.)
Letting Go of Myths & Expectations
Left to my own devices, I did what I usually do with most things. I made having a quiet time a whole lot harder than it needed to be.
Because Jesus asked His disciples why they weren’t willing to pray with Him an hour in Gethsemane, I was pretty certain I needed to:
- Spend an hour in prayer each day
- Spend another hour studying the Bible
- Then go door-to-door witnessing!
Okay, so I might be exaggerating. But not by much. Needless to say, I built up so many self-imposed expectations, I was destined to fail. Regularly and often.
Every January 1st, I’d make a fresh commitment to reading through the Bible in a year (something I assumed all “good Christians” had to do!) But around mid-February, my New Year’s resolution to spend more time in God’s Word ran smack dab into my lack of discipline and the book of Leviticus.
It wasn’t until I was 28-years-old and attending a Navigator’s 2:7 Discipleship Course, that someone gave me the tools I needed to have a meaningful quiet time. And those simple tools literally transformed my life.
That’s why I’ve created this e-course. I can’t wait to share the things that have helped me…
Eight simple steps to a deeper & sweeter friendship with Jesus!
“How to Have a Mary Heart” E-Course
I wrote about my quiet time journey in my book, Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: Finding Intimacy with God in the Busyness of Life, but I wanted to create a course that distilled the most important elements.
It’s for every woman who has struggled to have a quiet time…
And everyone who wants to go deeper with the Lord…
The “How to Have a Mary Heart’ course involves:
- Eight simple steps that allow you to work at your own pace
- Strips away myths and expectations so you can enjoy quiet time
- Teaches a fresh approach to reading that makes the Bible come alive
- Starts with five minutes a day and grows incrementally
Whether you’ve had an established quiet time for years or are just starting out (or starting up again!), I believe you’ll find this step-by-step-by-baby-step guide brings a fresh richness to your time with the Lord.
Here’s How It Works:
- Use form at bottom of page to sign up. Respond to email asking for subscription confirmation. (If missing, check spam folder)
- On December 28th, you’ll receive a “Welcome Email” with WORKBOOK LINK
- Download and print workbook (on both sides), place in three-ring binder
- On January 1st, check email for “Step #1” – follow instructions using workbook
- Every five days, you’ll receive another step – but work at your own pace
Each step features a video and easy-to-do workbook exercise. We start with short increments of time, but you’ll be amazed how much you get out of those five to ten minutes!
Sign Up Below!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Invite a Friend
I hope you’ll consider signing up for the e-course. While the workbook WON’T BE SENT until the end of December, after that it will be “evergreen.” That means, you can sign up any time! As mentioned, you can work through it as slowly as you like. The goal isn’t to finish the course as quickly as possible. The goal is to spend time with Jesus.
In fact, it’s my prayer that this e-course acts as a springboard into a deeper and sweeter friendship with Jesus than you’ve ever known before.
Here’s a couple of ways you can share the e-course with your friends:
- Give them a “Wishing You a Mary Heart this Christmas!” Card
- Features VIDEO near top of page
- Share from YouTube – below video, click “share” for
- social media, click “email” to send to friends (really fun!)
- Share from my Facebook page – (link coming soon!)Print Christmas postcards – download this PDF and print both sides – (coming soon!)
- Share this graphic and sign-up link – www.JoannaWeaverBooks.com/MHecourse
If you plan on joining the e-course, please leave a note below! I’d love to know so I can be lifting you in prayer!