In this heartfelt episode, author and blogger, Ruth Schwenk shares from her latest devotional, Trusting God in All the Things: 90 Devotions for Finding Peace in Your Every Day. Ruth invites us into her story of real-life struggles and opens the door for us to find God’s perfect peace in the middle of it all. Ruth is a Pastor’s wife, the founder of two popular blogs, and has a podcast show along with her husband, Patrick called, Rootlike Faith.
Raising four children, walking through her husband’s cancer, and having multiple miscarriages, Ruth was positioned to cling to Jesus and trust His perfect peace that surpasses all understanding. She inspires us all to find hope in the tomorrow and trust in His perfect plan. Grab a box of kleenex and get ready, you won’t want to miss this one!
Important Takeaways from Show
- It is not only in the big, but the little things that we must position ourselves to trust God.
- In the middle of our suffering is where God meets us.
- When we come to a dead-end, we can only cling to Jesus.
- Trials can be a gift as they draw us closer to esus and help us better understand His suffering.
- God can use our trials for the good, the good of others, and our relationship with Him
- There is something that happens in the hard moments, that doesn’t happen anywhere else.
- Suffering exposes what we really believe about God and purifies our relationship with Him.
- We cling to the things of the world less when we cling to Him more.
- “Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.” Psalms 9:10
- The time we spend with God today, matters for the tomorrow.
- When we know what is true about God, it doesn’t matter what is true about our situation.
- Devotionals help us grow in the Lord and the knowledge of scripture
- Never give up if you miss a day of studying scripture and pressing into understanding- there is always tomorrow.
- God wants to exponentially open our understanding of who He is and what His word means.
- We can love and help people, but we are not their Savior.
- When you navigate through the unknowns, God gives us His Word to bring peace, comfort, and strength – He will meet you in those words.
- When you are at rock bottom, cling to God, run to God and invite Him into the situation
“Those who know your name trust in you,
for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.” Psalms 9:10
Links from Show
[Disclosure: I make a small commission from affiliate links used in this post.]
Connect with Ruth Schwenk
Connect with Joanna
Subscribe & Get a Bible Reading Journal!
You can get your free “2022 Thru the Word” Journal by signing up in the form below.
The Bible reading journal features:
- Instructions for using the journal – including tips for getting the most out of your Bible reading
- Daily assignment schedule keeping you on pace to read the entire Bible in one year
- Space to record your Bible reading highlights
- Bonus: “Pray Every Day” pages to help you focus on a different part of your life each day
I’d love to hear from you… What spoke most to you from Ruth’s interview?