Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World
Finding Intimacy with GOD in the Busyness of Life
An invitation for every woman who feels she isn’t godly enough … isn’t loving enough … isn’t doing enough…
The life of a woman today isn’t really all that different from that of Mary and Martha in the New Testament. Like Mary, you long to sit at the Lord’s feet…but the daily demands of a busy world just won’t leave you alone. Like Martha, you love Jesus and really want to serve him…yet you struggle with weariness, resentment, and feelings of inadequacy.
Then comes Jesus, right into the midst of your busy Mary/Martha life – and he extends the same invitation he issued long ago to the two sisters of Bethany. Tenderly he invites you to choose “the better part” – a joyful life of “living-room” intimacy with him that flows naturally into “kitchen service” for him.
With her fresh approach to the familiar Bible story, Joanna Weaver shows how all of us — Marys and Marthas alike — can draw closer to our Lord: deepening our devotion, strengthening our service, and doing both with less stress and greater joy.
AUDIO VERSION: Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World is also available on CD and MP3 download
Visit Book Website for Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World – you’ll find bonus videos, promotional materials and shareable graphics. Everything you need to host a DVD Bible study (as well as a Book Club or DVD Gathering.)
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: DVD Study…
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: DVD Study
10-Week DVD Bible Study
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World is not just a book — it now has a companion DVD Bible Study!
The video sessions feature all-new material taught by Joanna Weaver and filmed in her home. For the “Living Room Intimacy” our hearts long will never be found in “Kitchen Service” busyness for God. But as we spend time sitting at Jesus’s feet, He will fill us so that He can spill us – pouring out His love to the world as we learn to rest in the love He has for us.
The participant’s Study Guide, designed to be used with the book, gives women tools to go deeper in their relationship with God as well as each other.
(Study can be expanded to 11- or 12-weeks using suggestions in Leader Guide. See other study options below.)
The DVD Study Pack includes:
- Ten 20-minute video sessions plus “Developing a Quiet Time” bonus session taught by Joanna.
- Nine “Word Time” bonus videos filled with practical tips for studying God’s Word.
- A copy of the participant Study Guide designed to help members engage with Scripture and each other in meaningful ways. (Can be purchased separately. See sample.)
- Downloadable Leader Guide with outlines and suggestions for leading weekly meetings.
- Bonus material in the DVD pack includes: short promo video, posters, flyers, invite cards, memory verses, and a lot more! (See Book Site.)
- Special Feature! Retreat Guide turns teaching sessions into a special event, complete with UPDATED Retreat Journal and meaningful activities.
Visit Book Website for Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World to find promotional materials, bonus videos, and shareable graphics. Everything you need to host a DVD Bible study (as well as a Book Club or DVD Gathering.)
- Book – Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World
- Study Guide
Optional Study Formats:
- Expand to 11- or 12-weeks using suggestions in Leader Guide
- 6-Week Study Option (with user guide and downloadable workbook)
- “Book and DVD Only” Option (with downloadable workbook, viewer pages and user guide)
- Host a DVD Gathering using teaching sessions
- Host a Book Club around reading assignments
- Having a Mary Heart
- Lord, Don’t You Care?
- Freedom from Fear
- Burden Bearer
- Pursued by Love
- Compelled by Love
- Rewriting History
- The Beauty of Repentance
- Extravagant Love
- Lord of the Process
- Bonus: Developing a Quiet Time
- Memorizing Scripture
- Bible Study Methods
- Reading & Marking Your Bible
- Bible Reading Highlights
- Bible Study Resources
- Praying God’s Word
- Think Biblically – Live Biblically
- Worship & the Word
- Half-Day of Prayer
View Bonus Videos
See Other Book Sites:
“As a wife, mom to 7 and woman of many hats, Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World gently reminded me to draw close to Jesus, especially through crazy life circumstances.”
~ Rachel Wojo, Speaker and Author of One More Step (WaterBrook Press)
“I absolutely LOVED this study so much myself that I decided to host a Woman's retreat to reinstate its truths!”
“I had the privilege to teach Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World at my church's Bible Study Group last year. After reading the book, I was so blessed that I couldn't wait to share the things the Lord inspired in me. The videos add a lot to the experience and enable you to hear Joanna's heart. It was a huge hit!”
“Having read a couple of Joanna Weaver's books in the past, so I knew this study would be great. Sure enough, it did not let our Bible study group down. We thoroughly enjoyed her teaching style and the workbook has great suggestions for growing as a Christian woman in this busy world full of so many distractions. Highly recommend this study!!”