“Sometimes the best way to look forward is to take time to look back…”
You’ve probably heard of a yearly review. A chance in December to look back at what worked, what didn’t work and the things you learned along the way. But at the end of 2019, we are not only on the cusp of a new year, we are entering a brand new decade!
Too often we fail to see the progress we’ve made. If you’re like me, you can get so caught up on how far you still have to go, that you miss out on how far you have come.
In episode #021 of “The Living Room with Joanna Weaver” podcast, I share practical tips and tools for “How to Do a Personal Decade in Review.” Click on button and listen on player at top of page – or listen at your favorite podcast player.
People overestimate what can be done in one year, and underestimate what can be done in ten – JCR Licklider
Free “Decade in Review” Worksheets
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. ~ Philippians 3:12
Practical Tips for Doing a “Decade in Review”…
- Print downloadable worksheets one-sided to provide room for extra thoughts
- Set aside some chunks of time when you can be alone and free of distractions
- Use old journals, calendars, planners, Christmas newsletters, social media posts and pictures to refresh your memory
- Invite the Holy Spirit to join you in this exercise and to remind you of His work in your life
- Think big picture – don’t get lost in the details
- Look for ways God has worked and revealed Himself to you over the past decade
- Record any progress on goals and answers to prayer – no matter how small
- Determine what you want to take into the new decade and what you want to leave behind
- Give all of your past baggage to Jesus so you can move forward unhindered
Help Me Spread the News!
Because I really believe in the value of this “Decade in Review,” I’d love your help in getting the word out!
Perhaps you have friends who’d enjoy it – or you’d like to do it with your family or small group. Just share the following link: www.JoannaWeaverBooks.com/decade. It will bring them to this page where they can sign up for their own set of worksheets.
Help spread the word online by sharing from my social media platforms:
Here are a couple of tweets if you’re into TWITTER:Sometimes we need to look back in order to move forward - Joanna Weaver Get your FREE personal Decade in Review @ bit.ly/JWdecade Click To Tweet Do you want 20-20 vision going into 2020? Get your FREE Decade in Review @ bit.ly/JWdecade Click To Tweet People overestimate what can be done in one year, and underestimate what can be done in ten - JCR Licklider Get your personal Decade in Review @ bit.ly/JWdecade Click To Tweet